I think ballerinas (of all ages) would love to celebrate any occasion with cupcakes like this:
These are butter-almond cupcakes with creamy raspberry filling and almond buttercream. Here’s a quick summary of how I decorated them:
- Make a stencil out of parchment paper in the shape of the slipper.
- Roll out a small piece of white gumpaste and then roll it through the pasta roller (setting number 1, then again on number 3).
- Cut out the desired number of ballet slippers.
- Allow them to dry on a piece of soft foam.
- Using colored dusting powder mixed with a small amount of vodka, paint the sides and laces/ribbons of the slipper.
- Dry completely.
- Starting at the outer edge of the cupcake, use a pastry bag fitted with a tip #10, and pipe your icing in a circular, swirling motion.
- Place the slipper on top before the icing has a chance to crust over.