Don’t you just love these cowboy boot cupcakes I made over the weekend?
I iced my chocolate-chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. Here are the steps for decorating them:
- Make a stencil out of parchment paper in the shape of the boot.
- Roll out a small piece of white gumpaste and then roll it through the pasta roller (setting number 1, then again on number 3).
- Cut out the desired number of cowboy boots.
- Allow them to dry on a piece of soft foam.
- Follow the same rolling/cutting process for the stars. I used a small star cutter to make it easy.
- Attach the star to the boot using egg white and a small brush. Be careful not to get egg white all over the boot. When you get ready to paint them, the color won’t stick to the egg white.
- Dry completely.
- Color your boots any way you’d like. For mine, I used copper for the star and a mix of cocoa brown and canary yellow for the boot.
- Using a tip 1M, pipe a large, fat star on top of your cupcake.
- Release pressure and slightly twist your wrist to pipe another, smaller star on top of that. The twist between stars makes them fit together nicely.
- Place your boot on top of the cupcake before the icing has a chance to crust over.